Back in Florida


Another month has gone by and it’s been quite a trek for the French family. The biggest event being the pack-up of the house and driving from Houston to Florida. On July 4th weekend, I flew from Orlando to Houston one way and then the next morning started the drive back to Florida. This time in the Sequoia and with the camper in tow. It was a boring drive, but went quick and before you knew it, we were pulling up to our new house which I had closed on the week before. We were also in luck, the driver had called and said that he was going to be able to drop off all our stuff on Sunday, July 5th. This was great, because I would be home in order to help.

The next few weekends have been one of just settling into our new house. It had no lights in any of the rooms, so we installed six ceiling fans and then Jennifer’s dad sold us some mini-blinds, which we installed. Over the past three weeks the garbage guys loved us as we left a mountain of boxes at the curb each Friday morning for them. Last weekend we had a big push to get everything done. Last Sunday we were literally going from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. that night. But it paid off, because we were able to just rest this weekend, which was my birthday weekend.

We weren’t able to rest that much on Friday went I got a panicked phone call that morning. Jennifer had taken the girls to McDonalds to play around. Izzy had hit her head on the gym equipment and cut it open. Several of the moms there helped Jennifer stop the bleeding and then she was off to the hospital. I met them at the ER where Izzy had to get three stitches. She was in a lot of pain, but got through it and she’s doing fine.

Not wanting a big birthday celebration, I just wanted to go out to eat where I went a couple of years ago. So, we headed out to Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville to have a margarita and a Cheeseburger in Paradise. We went there, but forgot to make a reservation, so we were waiting for over an hour for a table. The margarita was good, but the restaurant was burning up hot. We didn’t wait for desert. We booked it out of there and headed home where Jennifer had baked a Texas Longhorns helmet cake, which we devoured once we got home.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s